We are currently looking for a qualified Counsellor(s) to join our Employee Assistance Program team. You will be based 1 day each week within our partner organisation (NHS organisation within the Grimsby area) with additional days working at home offering telep and all equipment and support will be provided. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing company with a clinical focus, excellent team working and a true desire to make a difference to the clients we support and to the staff who work within our teams.
We provide a 24/7 confidential support service alongside access to telephone and face to face counselling and support. Clients can call our number to speak to a qualified counsellor about issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, debt advice and family issues. Working as part of this team you will provide confidential advice, and further therapy if needed.
The role will involve:
· One day each week working in a F2F capacity delivering structured short term counselling to NHS employees.
· The role will potentially include offering support to small groups of staff alongside psychoeducation.
· Opportunity (commensurate with experience / internal training support) for training delivery.
• Home working supported by our triage and senior clinical management team• Providing sessional counselling support within a short term solution focussed model with employees.• Undertaking face to face ( via a virtual clinic environment) and telephone counselling with clients from our employee assistance program• Conducting telephone assessments including referral for ongoing psychological support• Providing support calls to employees and managers and signposting to appropriate external agencies• Offering Psychoeducation• Delivering Trauma Support• Managing high risk calls• The post holder may additionally provide some training / critical incident support commensurate with background and training.• Assisting EAP Team with other duties• Providing advice to managers/HR on a need’s basis
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy.
• Registered/Accredited Membership with BACP (or equivalent)
• Telephone and Face to face sessional delivery experience
• A qualification / training in CBT would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience of EAP Clinical Delivery (or equivalent)
• Previous experience working in a counselling team setting
• Experience of applying Trauma informed approach to work
• Computer literate essential
· The ability to work as part of a team but also autonomously.
• 5 days each week – we will consider part time for this role.• Occasional Weekend Work (rotational cover)• Cover for Bank Holidays (rotational occasional cover)• On Call Rota (occasional)
As we offer a 24/7 service, you will be required to work occasional bank holidays on a rota basis.
The Company fully believes in supporting its staff members and has supported a number of employees through further development courses. TERC also offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Pension Scheme• Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio & more!• 24/7 Doctor helpline – book a Telephone or Video Appointment with a GP• Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 telephone counselling helpline• Life Insurance Scheme• 32 Days Leave Including Bank Holidays• Monthly case supervision 1-2-1 with your line manager• Support with CPD• Further Training and Development opportunities
Please submit your CV and a covering letter giving your reasons for your interest in this role.
Experience:• Minimum Counselling: 2 years post qualification (Required)