Job: On Site Counsellor
Salary – £28,000 pro rata
We are currently looking for a qualified counsellor to join our Employee Assistance Program team. You will be based within the Occupational Health Team one of our Customer organisations in the Tollcross area of Glasgow.
The role will be working as a TERC employee but within our commissioning customer organisation within the East End of Glasgow. You will be required to liaise with HR staff, Occupational Health, Managers and Key Stakeholders within a factory environment, in addition to providing psychological support for employees and working alongside external key organisations ensuring employees are supported through a period of organisational change. There is free parking on site.
Our service is based upon NHS clinical and operational standards and we work within both public and private sector organisations including the NHS. We provide direct support to staff presenting with a wide variety of clinical issues via a variety of delivery methods including virtual, telephone and face to face via a range of clinical modalities.
Services are provided to organisations across the United Kingdom and employees contact us to speak to a qualified counsellor about issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, debt advice and family issues. Working as part of this team you will provide confidential advice, and further therapy if needed.
We additionally offer a range of other services including training, critical incident support and mediation. There are opportunities for development in these areas for successful candidates.
The role will involve:
• Working two days each week onsite within the Tollcross area of Glasgow. Alternative shift patterns of 1 working day each week 7am to 3pm and the second day each week at 2pm to 10pm.This is to support both night and day shifts and can be discussed at interview with some room for adjustment of on-site delivery hours i.e., 3pm to 11pm or 6am to 2pm)
• Providing sessional counselling support within a short term solution focussed model.
• Undertaking telephone / virtual counselling sessions counselling with clients from the client organisation / EAP clients.
• Conducting telephone assessments including referral for ongoing psychological support
• Providing support interventions to employees and managers and signposting to appropriate internal support and relevant external agencies
• Offering Psychoeducation
• Delivering Trauma Support
• Managing high risk calls
• Providing support for managers and HR throughout a period of organisational change.
• Assisting the EAP Team with other duties including referral work
• Providing support drop-ins / group support and a point of contact for TERC within the client organisation.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy• Registered/Accredited Membership with BACP (or equivalent)• Telephone and Face to face sessional delivery experience• A qualification in CBT would be advantageous (but not essential)• Experience of EAP Clinical Delivery (or equivalent)• Previous experience working in a counselling team setting• Experience of applying Trauma informed approach to work
Ability to manage their own caseload and apply the most appropriate clinical intervention within a stepped care model. Computer literate essential. You will be required to establish excellent working relationships within the organisation and to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• 2 days each week (Monday to Sunday – negotiable) working a rotational pattern of 7am to 3pm and 2pm to 10pm• Cover for Bank Holidays (rotational occasional cover)• On Call Rota
As we offer a 24/7 service, you may be required to work occasional bank holidays on a rota basis.
The Company fully believes in supporting its staff members and has supported a number of employees through further development courses. TERC also offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Pension Scheme• Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio & more!• 24/7 Doctor helpline – book a Telephone or Video Appointment with a GP• Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 telephone counselling helpline• Life Insurance Scheme• 32 Days Leave Including Bank Holidays• Monthly case supervision 1-2-1 with your line manager• Support with CPD• Further Training and Development opportunities
Please submit your CV and a covering letter giving your reasons for your interest in this role.
• Counselling: minimum 3 years (Required)• Experience / training in other modalities in addition to core training modality.
Fixed term – 12 to 18 months
TERC operate a yearly incremental salary increase subject to performance and annual appraisal.
Contract length: 12 – 18 months
Part-time hours: 15 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £28,000.00 per year