We are currently looking for a qualified Counsellor(s) to join our Employee Assistance Program team. You will be based at either Great Yarmouth or Norwich for a number of dedicated days each week and potentially home working for the remainder of the week ( we may consider part time working) . This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company with a clinical focus, excellent team working and a true desire to make a difference to the clients we support and to the staff who work within our teams.
We provide a 24/7 confidential support service alongside access to telephone and face to face counselling and support. Clients can call our number to speak to a qualified counsellor about issues such as depression, anxiety, stress, debt advice and family issues. Working as part of this team you will provide confidential advice, and further therapy if needed.
The role will involve:
• On site working at Great Yarmouth or Norwich for some days each week, with allocated days for home working.• Providing sessional counselling support within a short term solution focussed model with employees.• Undertaking face to face and telephone counselling with clients from our employee assistance program• Conducting telephone assessments including referral for ongoing psychological support• Providing support calls to employees and managers and signposting to appropriate external agencies• Offering Psychoeducation• Delivering Trauma Support• Managing high risk calls• Providing face to face, telephone and video counselling to employees. The post holder may additionally provide some training to employees within the contract.• Assisting EAP Team with other duties including referral work• Providing advice to managers/HR on a need’s basis
The ideal candidate will have:
• Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and/or Psychotherapy• Registered/Accredited Membership with BACP (or equivalent)• Telephone and Face to face sessional delivery experience• A qualification / training in CBT would be advantageous but not essential• Experience of EAP Clinical Delivery (or equivalent)• Previous experience working in a counselling team setting• Experience of applying Trauma informed approach to work• Computer literate essential
The ability to work as part of a team but also autonomously.
• 5 days each week – we may consider part time / job share.• Occasional Weekend Work (rotational cover)• Cover for Bank Holidays (rotational occasional cover)• On Call Rota ( occasional)
As we offer a 24/7 service, you will be required to work occasional bank holidays on a rota basis.
The Company fully believes in supporting its staff members and has supported a number of employees through further development courses. TERC also offers an excellent benefits package including:
• Pension Scheme• Health Scheme – Opticians, Dental, Physio & more!• 24/7 Doctor helpline – book a Telephone or Video Appointment with a GP• Employee Assistance Program – 24/7 telephone counselling helpline• Life Insurance Scheme• 32 Days Leave Including Bank Holidays• Monthly case supervision 1-2-1 with your line manager• Support with CPD• Further Training and Development opportunities
Please submit your CV and a covering letter giving your reasons for your interest in this role.
Job Types: Full time / Part -time contract (4 years)
• Minimum Counselling: 2 years post qualification (Required)
Work remotely:• Yes
Job Types Full time –( part time considered)
Salary: £24,500.00 per year ( pro-rata for part time)
TERC operate a yearly incremental salary increase subject to performance and annual appraisal.
Please note due to the volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the published closing date.
Equality Act 2010
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made. Our policy, at the stage of interview, is that we will ask all candidates whether we need to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ in accordance with the Equality Act 2010. Under the Equality Act, a disabled person is someone with a physical or mental impairment, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to carry out day-to-day activities.
The Employee Resilience Company Ltd are proud to use Positive Action. To redress the balance of under representation our team will offer advice, guidance and support throughout the recruitment process to candidates from under-represented groups.
Contract length: 48 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £24,500.00 per year